Your Local Guide is a 36-month Erasmus+ project coordinated by the Romanian partner NERDA (Agentia pentru Dezcoltare Regionala Nord-Est). The project focuses on the development of digital competences of older people who are willing to work as tourism agents or local guides to become experts in promoting destinations through a lifelong learning perspective.
The main target group of Your Local Guide is adults, older people working in the tourism sector or retired people who are eager to find new professional opportunities in this sector as experts in tourism destinations, their management and promotion.
– To develop materials that enable tourism agency workers or individuals to increase their skills and to improve tourism destinations in their local communities so that they can be competitive in today’s globalised world.
– Increase the skills of at least 400 older people with low digital skills. Thus, it represents a great opportunity to keep their minds active and encourage their participation in their communities.
– Innovative new teaching approaches
– Tools to learn how to manage and promote tourist destinations through research studies
– Collections of good practices
– Manuals and a training kit and a video game.
Mauris blandit aliquet elit, eget tincidunt nibh pulvinar a. Sed porttitor lectus nibh. Donec sollicitudin molestie malesuada. Nulla quis lorem ut libero malesuada feugiat.